GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Aero Product Service Engineer – Sub Saharan Africa
Job Ref.: R3604098
Job Description Summary
- All activities relating to enhancing services technology integrating customer data, or capturing engines/products reliability, availability, maintenance, safety and other performance parameters includes hourly, nonexempt and exempt employees as well as management roles responsible solely for these activities.
- Impacts departmental operations and is responsible for planning/execution.
- The role has some autonomy but is focused on the execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures.
- Some judgment may be required but this is typical with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support of installed Aeroderivative base including activities such as customer issue resolution, fleet issues, service bulletin implementation, Monitoring & Diagnostics, fleet configuration. Maintenance of fleet data, outage management.
- Capability to oversee Installation & Commissioning activities
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has the ability to propose different solutions outside of setting parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Candidates mechanical, electrical or controls skills will be all evaluated for this job. Refer to desired characteristics for further description
- The candidate should be located in Sub Saharan Africa.
- This role requires advanced experience in Engineering / Technology & Fleet Management.
- The knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Knowledge of GE LM technology (LM2500, LM6000 & LMS100)
- Prior experience with GE or other packager packaged LM’s
- It is desirable to have knowledge of control systems such as Woodward, GE MKVie and others used in Aeroderivative technology
- Generator and its protection and control systems knowledge would be a plus
- Knowledge of the DLE system will be considered an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Application Closing Date
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.