Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Asset Custodian – North Central / North West
Job ID: 59787
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
Job Sector: Banking
- To ensure the availability of treasury cash, reserve and blank forms.
- Ensure the availability of a fully functional cash service to tellers including the custody and balancing of vault cash, processing of vault deposits, withdrawal and handling of related reports.
- Control treasury cash, blank forms, safe custody items and duplicate keys.
- Understand and manage the risks associated with the custody of these items as well as the changes in the custody of assets through effective system controls
- Custodian of treasury cash, reserve, blank forms and keys & cash
- Ensure that the correct procedures for handling and movement of cash assets in the branch are adhered to.
- Ensure that the correct security procedures are adhered to when cash is moved to agencies and delivered to/collected from Cash Management Unit.
- Effective cash management to ensure vault approved limits are adhered to.
- Receive notes and coins from tellers to be lodged into the vault.
- Check physical cash received/evacuated in the presence of the Cash Management Unit (CMU) representatives.
- Control Keys for container/trolley (Used for transporting cash from the vault to tellers).
- Assist with surprise checks of tellers.
- Attend to branch account payments.
- Issue Bank Cheques as required.
- Countersign issued Bank Cheques as required.
- Reconcile all branch suspense accounts as listed below.
- Attend to Cash Advance transactions.
- Attend to all Records Administration issues in the branch
- Attend to all issues on refunds on all closed customers accounts
ATM Custodians Support functions:
- Carry out first level support (basic) on User’s workstations, scanners, or other peripherals
- Resolve basic financial issues such as an applet, Invalid username/Password, or proxy exception errors, etc
- Map users’ workstations to the Combo printer and ensure quality printout
- Assist RIS connect remotely to systems & resolving simple LAN issues
- ATM support includes simple power related issues on UPS and inverter, ATM operation support (Availability, Cash management, resolution of simple issues like cash jam, paper jam, etc)
- Supervise vendors, contractors, PM engineers to ensure good and neat work is done in the branch
- ATM Reports
- Operating Cash Report
- Listing of ATM Transactions
- Vault Reserve
- Overage Account
- Shortage Account
- Certified Cheque
- Stale Cheques
- Bank Cheques
- Custom Duty Payments
- Mails Administration
- Administration of Stationery (vault out of stationery items)
- Maintenance of Office Equipment
- Call-over functions
- Cash Advance Register – Petty cash
- Bank Cheque Register.
- Customs Duty Register (where applicable)
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- Minimum 2 years branch banking experience with exposure to telling and safe custody.
Application Closing Date
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.