Renmoney - We are a passionate team determined to challenge the status quo and make financial inclusion count for the millions of under-banked individuals and small business owners in Nigeria. We provide loans, savings, and fixed deposit solutions to our customers. Our vision is to be the most convenient lending company, delivering outstanding service experiences. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Data Science Manager
Area: Ikoyi, Lagos
Department: Decision Science
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are the place for you, if:
- You’re excited about technology and the future, and you’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself in impeccable execution. You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions. You are ready to work extremely hard, at a fast pace, to achieve audacious goals. You love to speak up, ask questions and are comfortable challenging anyone or any idea.
- Currently, we are seeking to expand our fast-growing team and we are looking for a Data Science Manager to join us.
- The successful candidate will help us build and improve upon our customer decision strategy and journey.
- Transform business cases to data science (DS) tasks
- Identify (DS) opportunities based on data availability
- Support and lead the team regarding technical innovation – algorithms, tools, etc.
- Manage a team of junior and mid-level data scientists assuring the quality and relevance of their output
- Hands-on statistical programming
- Ability to deliver complex analytical output to a non-expert audience with stress on insights and action items
- Knowledge sharing.
- University Degree or equivalent standard with a high numeric content: Statistics, Econometrics, Business Administration / Economics, Mathematics, Finance, etc.
- Independent person that can work and deliver projects on their own
- Experience with the following software tools – R, Python or similar
- 4+ years of experience in the analytics field – very strong statistical background along with a portfolio of business cases solved leveraging advanced analytics techniques
- 2+ years in managing people, teams & projects
- Experience with hands-on credit risk scorecards development
- Domain knowledge in the Credit Risk working for a banking or non-banking financial institution
- Experience working and managing people under agile
This job is perfect for you if you:
- Enjoy adding structure and developing approaches to ambiguous problems
- Are self-starters, take initiative, work collaboratively and can self-manage in ambiguity
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are numbers-savvy and very detail-oriented but still enjoy the day-to-day human interactions
You will not enjoy this job if you:
- Work best in structured, hierarchical settings
- Require clear, pre-set deliverables and constant direction
- Are used to working in/with a large team
What’s in it for you
- You’ll receive competitive compensation and work with amazing people. You’ll work in a beautiful environment with a flat structure and solve complex real-world challenges.
Application Closing Date
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit renmoney.bamboohr.com.