ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. Also, a part of Fenix International, a next-generation energy company. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Data Scientist
Department: Central Digital and IT – Data
Reporting line: Head of Data
Job Purpose / Mission
- We are looking for a talented, full-stack data scientist to join the digital team to help deliver affordable solar power to emerging markets. This position offers a great opportunity to work alongside an elite team of data scientists and business professionals and directly contribute to the success of a mission-driven company with social and environmental impact. Candidates will get the opportunity to work in a diverse technology stack at scale.
- Deploy and maintain data pipelines and machine learning models to predict repayment, solar system device performance, credit scoring and other metrics which are key to the business.
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of an analytics database to empower data-driven decisions by analysts and strategists across the organization.
- Design Randomized, controlled experiments to understand levers available to improve customer repayment.
- Perform analyses, with statistical components as appropriate, for department leaders to evaluate the impact of pilots and other interventions.
- Leverage external data sources to help EEA grow its business and maximize social impact on customers in emerging markets.
- Train team members on data tools/skills to grow data capacity and culture at EEA.
- MA or PhD in a relevant discipline (Data Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, or another relevant STEM field)
Knowledge and Skills
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Python, especially in a data analytics/science capacity (ex. pandas, NumPy, sklearn, matplotlib)
- Facility with MySQL/Redshift
- Experience with experimental design, statistical analysis, and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Good knowledge of statistical tests and analysis
- Ability to communicate model outputs and analyses to stakeholders at various levels of technical expertise
- Experience deploying predictive models at scale
- A keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic analysis to impact decisions
- Thrives on teamwork
- Bonus: Experience with financial data or credit scoring
- French or Portuguese is a plus
- Python or R, jupyter notebooks
- Airflow (or other workflow management systems, such as Luigi)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its services, such as, but not limited to, Cloudwatch, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, EMR, S3, SQS, EC2
- AWS environment: Cloudwatch, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, EMR, SQS, EC2
- Statistical analysis and predictive modelling in python (scipy, stats, sklearn, etc)
Application Closing Date
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.