9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS to provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands. We are employing to fill the job post of:
Employment Title: Director, Internal Audit
Job ID: IRC4311
Area: Lagos, NG
- Provide assurance to the board of directors, through the Board Audit and Compliance Committee, as part of its oversight function over EMTS’ management, of the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, risk management and controls.
- Partner with executive management and the Board Audit and Risk Committee to help them fulfil their broad responsibilities for effective governance.
- The overall objective of this position is to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting services in compliance with established professional internal auditing standards.
- The Director, Internal Audit will lead a team of auditors in performing audits and consulting services and ensure that the internal audit activity evaluates and contributes to the improvement of governance, risk management, and control processes, in the Company, using a systematic and disciplined approach.
- The Director, Internal Audit will have a dual reporting role, functionally to the Board Audit and Risk Committee and administratively to the CEO. The Director will be responsible for providing strong leadership and vision, as well as management, planning and execution of all internal audit activities for EMTs. These activities align around three major themes:
- Evaluate process and controls over financial, operational, IT and technical functions.
- Monitor compliance with specific contractual arrangements and regulations.
- Consult with teams on financial and other process efficiency initiatives.
Management of Internal Audit Department:
- Oversee the internal audit function as a whole and provide leadership and counsel to the department.
- Establish the audit universe and prepare the annual audit plan on an ongoing basis, including the reviews and approval of key audit planning documents, which defines the audit scope, timing and resources required for each audit assignment.
- Develop short and long-term strategic plans in alignment with the company’s goals. Utilize resources effectively.
Internal Audit Charter, Policy &Procedure Development:
- Develop the Internal Audit Charter and audit operating policies and procedures. Establish work standards for audit staff and implement approved policies and procedures.
- Periodically evaluate the quality of the audit work performed to ensure the effectiveness of the Internal Audit Department.
- Review for continued relevance and update on an ongoing basis the Internal Audit Charter, policies and procedures, methodology, frameworks, and tools and resend them to the MD/CEO and Board Audit and Risk Committee for approval.
- Assess and make appropriate recommendations for improving the governance process in the Company in its accomplishment of the following objectives: Promoting appropriate ethics and values within the organization, and ensuring effective organizational performance management and accountability. Promote a high level of ethical awareness and conduct within EMTS in support of the Company’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Evaluate business practices, policies, procedures, and controls to ensure they are consistently upheld throughout the organization in accordance with EMTS principles, values, and mission.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and contribute to the improvement of risk management processes through an assessment of whether significant risks are identified and assessed, and appropriate risk responses selected which align risks with the company’s risk appetite.
- Conduct a company-wide risk assessment on an annual basis. Identify weaknesses in current operational practices and recommend solutions to improve controls, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls in responding to risks within the company’s governance, operations, and information systems regarding the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives;
- Reliability and integrity of financial and operational information; Effectiveness and efficiency of operations and programs;
- Safeguarding of assets; and Compliance with laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and contracts.
Develop and Execute Audit Plan:
- Develop and maintain a risk-based audit plan designed to improve efficiencies, effectiveness, and economies within the company.
- Communicate the internal audit activity’s plans and resource requirements to senior management and the Board Audit and Risk Committee for review and approval.
- Direct the execution of the audit work plan and conduct the necessary supervision and quality assurance procedures.
Reporting to Senior Management and the Board Audit and Risk Committee:
- Report periodically to Senior Management and the Board Audit and Risk Committee on the internal audit activity’s purpose, authority, responsibility, and performance relative to its plan.
- Reporting must also include significant risk exposures and control issues, including fraud risks, governance issues, and other matters needed or requested by senior management and the board
- In conjunction with the Chief Compliance Officer and the Regulatory Unit, identify areas of the Company requiring regulatory compliance audits.
- Ensure compliance practices are incorporated into regular audits and report areas of non-compliance to Executive Management and the Board Audit and Risk Committee.
Supervision/Development of Employees:
- Provide routine coaching, training, and assistance for direct reports to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities to maximize performance.
- Ascertain skills gap on an ongoing basis, develop and update the annual training plan incorporating skills gap noted for all levels of internal audit staff.
- Prepare performance evaluations for all internal audit employees in accordance with the company’s performance appraisal system.
- Conduct fraud risk assessment to identify fraud risks that could have a significant financial or reputational impact on the company.
- Conduct forensic audits and investigations into all cases of frauds, losses, and malpractices company-wide.
- Ensure all investigation and forensic audits are performed in a conscientious and careful manner incorporating careful application of professional standards and observation of relevant legal requirements and rules of professional conduct.
- Establish a follow-up process to monitor and ensure that management actions, in respect of audit findings, have been effectively implemented or that Senior Management has accepted the risk of not taking action.
Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme:
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance and improvement programme that covers all aspects of the internal audit activity.
- The quality assurance and improvement programme must include both internal and external assessments and the results communicated to Senior Management and the Board Audit and Risk Committee.
Coordination with External Auditors &Regulator:
- Coordinate internal audit activities with the work of the external auditors and the regulator – Nigerian Communications Commission and provide necessary assistance.
- Perform special audit assignments in line with the directives of the Board Audit and Risk Committee or Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- Professional certification such as ACA, CIA, CISA, CFE, ACCA or other acceptable certifications is required.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP, COSO, IIA and other professional standards.
- Twelve (12) to Fifteen (15) years of work experience with at least three years senior leadership role in a large company.
- Proven experience with building, leading and overseeing an effective internal audit team.
- Combination of experience with large public or private corporations and an international public accounting firm.
- Meaningful relevant experience in a business environment characterized by growth, enhancement of business processes and systems complexity
- Strong executive presence and effective communication and relationship building skills.
- A strong understanding of internal audit methodologies and techniques, including data analytics.
- Extensive experience with risk-based internal auditing and annual planning.
- Exceptional attention to detail along with the ability to synthesize and communicate business issues and solutions
- A proven track record meeting deadlines and making decisions under tight timelines.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, accounting, Microsoft applications and internal audit management software applications.
- International accounting experience.
- Proven experience working within a fast-paced, complex business environment
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to deliver strategic messages to senior leadership level positions.
- Collaborative, team-oriented leadership style with a track record of leading and mentoring teams.
- Ability to establish a high degree of accountability across the organization through both performance measurement and clear communications.
- High level of integrity and discretion with confidential matters.
- A self-directed individual with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and who adapts readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions
- All Departments. Senior Management Team, Executive Management Team
- Vendors, Consultants, Regulators, External Auditors etc.
Application Closing Date
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit careers.9mobile.com.ng.