Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria's largest power distribution network. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Facilities & Maintenance Lead
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Head, Administration Sevices
- This role will be responsible for overseeing multi-location facilities of the company while working with contractors, employees, and higher-level executives, all with the goal of ensuring that services and processes that support the core business of the organization are excellently maintained to create the most suitable working and business environment for all stakeholder.
- Ensure daily inspections at the CHQ and doing same through assigned team members at the business unit and undertaking locations to ensure that the business is running smoothly every day.
- Manage emergency issues that arise in anything that breaches the safety, security, or usability of company facilities.
- Liaise with stakeholders to coordinate the preparation of annual CAPEX and OPEX budgets for the team.
- Manage contingency plans regarding what needs to be done in the event that certain situations occur, such as unexpected equipment/facilities breakdown.
- Formulate plans for the future by ensuring that the facility is currently adequate by projecting future requirements regarding the company; while working closely with decision-makers to determine the best upgrade paths for equipment and infrastructure.
- Create plans for replacements and repairs by planning ahead for any necessary replacements and repairs, scheduling necessary maintenance and management tasks during the times that are least likely to disrupt the business and its employees.
- Work very closely with vendors to ensure that the business is maximizing resources; negotiate these contracts and making sure these contracts are fulfilled.
- Supervise the preparation of project concept notes, designs and bill of quantities for all new construction, remodelling and renovation projects.
- Support the process of creating work orders to execute projects.
- Create annual planned preventive maintenance schedules for all company appliances and infrastructures – elevators, painting, Air conditioners, electricals, plumbing, drainages, carpentry etc.
- Conduct regular market survey to understand the fluctuations and workings of the formal and informal economy
- Agree on strategic objectives with the Head of Admin and HR for performance targets.
- Vet all potential contractors and vendors tenders for works within the range of unit approval limits.
- Liaise with necessary agencies (private and government) for obligatory permits and approvals.
- Proactively seek solutions to all potentially hazardous issues on the premises of all company facilities.
- Coordinate the investigation of the availability and suitability of options for new premises.
- Plan best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings or re-organizing current premises.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Conduct periodic facilities audit exercise.
- Ensure all facilities management activities must be conducted in line with the Company’s Health & Safety policy
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years proven experience as a facilities manager in a fairly large organization.
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices.
- BSc / M.Sc in Facility Management, Engineering, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) or others will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements and safety precautions related to facilities management.
- Facility Management
- Project Management
- Vendor Management
- Contract Management
- Construction Management
- Technical & Architectural Designs
- 3D Designs & Presentations
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Application Closing Date
14th May 2021.
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit 18.104.22.168.