Egbin Power Plc, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the ever-rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Store Inventory Officer
Area: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos State
Job type: Full Time
- Responsible for receiving, inspecting technical spare materials and preservation to ensure they are in good condition.
- Receive and issue technical store items after ensuring proper and adequate documentation
- Maintain a catalog of goods in stock, their description, and location to facilitate easy retrieval
- Forecast inventory demand and maintain adequate inventory level at all times
- Periodic physical inspection of materials in store
- Maintenance of stores inventories to ensure they are in good condition
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to ensure the right preservant is applied to materials
- Conduct regular stock inventory of technical materials that are out of stock and prepare periodic activity reports for Head Store
- Ensure thorough inspection of received, stored & dispatched goods to avoid discrepancies
- Develop unique strategies for and coordinate inspection of goods delivered to prevent discrepancies
- Identify visibly damaged materials on receipt and follow laid down policies in reporting/treating such
- Obtain necessary sign-offs on delivery documents from delivery personnel/suppliers as acknowledgement of receipt
- Prepare appropriate space and location for the receipt of stock
- Provide regular reports/updates as required for management attention
- File documents and correspondence and maintain the security of documents pertaining to requisition, procurement, etc
- Testing and comparison with specifications mentioned in the Purchase order
- Ensure safe custody of technical materials in store
- Notify stores manager of stock materials and materials below minimum stock
- Coordination with custody, risk management, and codification groups in stores
Education and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management discipline.
- 0 – 2 years of relevant work experience in a relevant position
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of inventory valuation and management tools, concepts, and techniques
- Working knowledge of technical materials and tools
- Knowledge of material handling and preservations
- Must have worked or currently working in a technical store
- Knowledge of inspection plans and techniques
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical store
- Knowledge of insurance and claim procedures
- Knowledge of material accounting systems
- Understanding of vigilance policies and procedures for scrap management
- Knowledge of other store functions.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit saharagrouplimitednigeria.applytojob.com.