Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Head of Internal Audit
- Paystack helps businesses in Africa get paid by anyone, from anywhere in the world. Thousands of businesses of all sizes use our modern payments platform, including MTN, Smile Communications, GIGM, AXA Mansard Insurance, and many others. Within a little over 5 years, our close-knit team now processes a significant portion of all online payments in Nigeria. Recently, we were acquired by global payments leader Stripe to accelerate online commerce across Africa.
- At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help.
About the Head of Internal Audit Role
- As Head of Internal Audit, you will be building the team responsible for providing objective assurance on the design and operational effectiveness of Paystack’s internal controls and business processes, compliance with laws and regulations and risk management framework and other governance processes.
- In addition, you will be responsible for providing advisory services in the form of targeted analyses, model evaluations, systems design assessments, and policy reviews.
- We’re looking for a leader who will lead the buildout and scaling of our audit program, serve as a key member of the Paystack leadership team and partner to the business, and who will elevate the ambitions of Paystack.
- The role is remote-friendly with frequent travel to Nigeria, and expansion markets required and report to Paystack’s Head of Finance.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop the annual and longer-term strategy for a risk-based audit plan shaped for Paystack’s expanding global operations and regulatory requirements.
- Scale the audit program to encompass regulatory compliance requirements governing regulated entities.
- Plan and execute audits of business processes subject to regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., AML, KYC, sanctions, safeguarding, data privacy), financial partner requirements (e.g., GARS), independent audit for financial reporting, etc.
- Lead ad-hoc programs and initiatives to provide advisory insights.
- Work seamlessly with key business partners within the second lines of defence to build efficiencies into the audit plan and avoid duplication of testing activities.
- Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership teams (including the Board of Directors).
- Secure management action plans for remediation and monitor remediation progress and timeliness.
- Perform outreach and maintain collaborative working relationships with business partners.
- Invest in understanding the business to better identify areas of need and opportunities to advise.
- Research and stay current on applicable regulatory requirements and emerging trends and best practices.
What it takes to succeed at this role:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years of audit and project management experience within an Internal Audit function and/or as part of an accounting/consulting firm.
- Experience in leading Internal Audit geo, either at a global or regional level.
- Experience in leading an Internal Audit regulatory compliance subject matter domain/pillar.
- Experience in payment services, banking and/or financial services and associated regulatory compliance.
- Technical auditing skills and knowledge of relevant professional and auditing standards.
- Experience with performing risk assessments and leveraging to prioritize workstreams.
- Ability to discuss complex issues with any level of management and influence perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report positioning and clarity.
- CAMS and/or other relevant certifications.
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification
- Start-up / early growth experience
- Previous experience in a high volume transactional payment environment.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- MacBook Pro
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth.
Application Closing Date
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- To apply, click the “Apply for this job” button
- Complete all the required questions
- Paystack is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- We’re committed to providing employees with a work environment that is progressive and open-minded. Our employment philosophy is to hire the best people and empower them to do the best work of their lives.
- Employment decisions are based on business needs and individual merit without regard to race, colour, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, gender or age.
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.