Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: IT Support Technician / Engineer
Area: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Create a superior end-user experience by providing operational support and enhancements for a wide range of IT devices, applications, hardware, network, systems and services, supported by large team of skilled IT professionals.
- Delivery of Netcom IT Support as a service to the customer, user incident resolution and solutions implementation, updates and upgrades, network and systems support, technical and incident recording and administration, with reporting to Netcom reporting line and Customer.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Continuously and consistently record all reported incidents in real-time and resolve within SLA while following the ICT Incident reporting and escalation procedure.
- Continuously and consistently follow-up on the incidents as per SLA and priority. Monitor and manage the Open Ticket Queue for outstanding incidents to achieve resolution as soon as possible and at least within SLA or committed timeline.
- Implement, maintain real-time, and develop (improve) daily (checks and incidents, opening and closing), weekly (Activity log, ticket report), monthly (ticket report and analysis), quarterly (audit/registry) and ad-hoc administration and reports with and without the use of ManageEngine ticketing system and other generated data and reports.
- Update daily on escalations, delays, inquiries, and opportunities via applicable Netcom internal communication channels such as Teams.
- Liaise with the ITO Supervisor/Team Lead/Manager and VP Operations to coordinate and manage operational, technical, and commercial Issues and opportunities, and to inform Netcom Business Development Department (BDD) Account Manager of concrete opportunities as applicable.
- Keep up to date and maintain all Customer IT hardware, software, and licenses, including up-to-date IT records (Audit, Register), and prepare recommended additions and changes during budget reviews.
- Work with the Netcom IT capability owners to further advance the IT environment at the Customer site based on best practices developed in cooperation with Netcom teams owning the applicable capability.
- Interact with the Customer representative and key staff, including Heads of Department, to establish a working relationship and ensure smooth problem resolution.
- Any other task as assigned by VP operations.
Experience, Education and/or Professional Qualifications:
- A preferred degree in any of the following areas – Electronics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and other core sciences with a strong basis for ICT.
- Mandatory 2 – 5 years experience in similar roles for network, systems and user support, and new solutions implementation support.
- ITIL, PMP, Prince2 and/or any Microsoft / Cisco / other OEM or professional certification(s).
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Traits:
- Knowledge of IT Support procedures, systems, administration, and support with the ability to sustainably clarify, improve and change existing or new operational IT Support initiatives.
- Knowledge of ticketing system, Service Level Agreement, key performance indicators.
- Knowledge of desktop, laptop, mobile device, and unified communications (IP phone, VOIP, conference system) troubleshooting installation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of router installation and configuration, LAN troubleshooting and management, DHCP configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of MS Windows OS installation, MS Office (O365) licensing, activation, application installation and user configuration and administration.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Administration including creating and managing domains, security groups, access rights.
- Advanced communication, relationship management and team working skills
- Proactive and always alert and following up to respond and get things done, while using every escalation as an opportunity to improve laid down procedures and follow-up on communication and implementation of the same.
- In-depth Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of servers, cloud computing & security.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge / Traits:
- Hands-on experience and ability to demonstrate in areas of key duties and responsibilities and essential skills/knowledge.
- Knowledge of endpoint protection, antivirus, monitoring, control and other device security products and solutions.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with firewall and web filter installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with backup and recovery systems and applications.
Application Closing Date
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit netcomafrica.odoo.com.