The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Senior Officer, Syndication Facility
- The Senior Officer Syndication Facility oversees the syndications and co-financing operations of PSTFOD.
- S/he is responsible for setting up the syndication process, developing strategies to mainstream and scale up co-financing and syndication activities and providing support in business development activities of PSTFOD, all in accordance with the departmental strategy, in order to ensure a sustainable pipeline of syndication and co-financing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Syndication and co-financing transactions:
- Leads/Supervises co-financing and syndication transactions, sharing responsibilities where appropriate with other co-arrangers.
- Oversees the process of market soundings, pricing and providing risk appetite feedback to ADG PSTFOD and Business Development Unit for their consideration.
- Provides structuring guidance to investment managers and task managers and actively participates in presenting proposals and mandate letters to clients, emphasizing the benefits of syndication and co-financing.
- Participates in/leads organizational task force as may be required.
- Provides inputs to the organization’s internal reports and policy papers as may be required.
Stakeholder management and engagement:
- Establishes working relationships with the widest possible group of commercial co-financiers including development finance institutions and commercial banks.
- Works with the Business Development Unit, Portfolio Management Unit, Treasury, Risk Management, Legal and other departments within OPEC Fund to establish OPEC Fund’s capacity to act as an agent and ensure alignment with both external and internal stakeholders.
Policies and procedures development:
- Develops strategies for promoting OPEC Fund’s syndication offerings.
- Develops internal operational processes and procedures for the syndication and co-financing of private-sector loans.
- Periodically reviews syndication guidelines to ensure deployment with market practice and makes recommendations for amendments and improvements.
Performance management, talent development and people management:
- Supports PSTFOD’s effort to attract, develop, and retain strong syndication talent.
- Mentors and develops the Syndication team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Economics or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant credit and origination experience gained in a major development Finance institution or commercial/investment bank.
- Direct underwriting and or syndication experience.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- An understanding and aptitude for financial and credit analysis, including an understanding of the project and structured finance transactions. A good understanding of the syndicated loan and capital markets, coupled with an ability to spot trends in those markets.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to multidisciplinary and multicultural project teams.
- Ability to act independently and resourcefully in responding to work demands, adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and change.
- Ability to write and speak clearly and concisely, to write clear and precise analytical documents and to adapt communication style to different audiences.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and analytical skills as well as a high level of integrity and drive for achieving results.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Application Closing Date
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit careers.opecfund.org.