Decagon is an Elite Software Development Training Institute that runs a 6-month intense software and leadership training, focused on transforming Nigerian youths into world-class software developers and leaders in the tech industry even if they cannot pay. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Senior PHP Developer
Employment Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Reports to: CTO
- To develop ideas, strategize concepts and extend the company’s skill base by using emerging technologies.
- Writing advanced back-end code in PHP.
- Experience creating custom WordPress Plugins, Themes & Blocks.
- Troubleshooting application and code issues.
- You know SQL and how to write efficient queries.
- Able to translate UIs into markup languages. HTML & CSS.
- Finalizing back-end features and testing web applications.
- Updating and altering application features to enhance performance.
Qualifications & Skill Sets
- 12 – 15 years experience in PHP full-stack.
- Experience with WordPress.
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented PHP programming.
- Previous experience creating scalable applications.
- Proficient with Git workflow and Github Actions.
- Excellent MVC web applications experience.
- Solid Enterprise Architecture experience.
- Experience in the practical application of a range of software development methodologies.
- Documenting functional and non-functional technical requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work within deadlines.
- Ability to multitask on several projects and manage workflow.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends, innovations, cultures and new technical developments/ changes within the industry.
Benefits of Working at Decagon
- Decagon offers an energized, upbeat environment that strongly fosters employee work-life balance.
- A work culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
- Great/flexible work culture – as long as you get the work done.
- Amazing personal growth experience – at one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Nigeria.
- Access to/ budget for continuous learning and improvement.
- Pension and health plan.
- Working with a motivated and talented team.
- More importantly, an opportunity to transform the Software Engineering ecosystem in Nigeria and beyond.
Application Closing Date
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.