Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel. We are employing to fill the job post below:
Employment Title: Technical Operator – Filler-1
Ref No: JR1055409
Area: Ogba, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
Purpose of Role
- To produce spirits at customer service levels, quality conformance at the right budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To embrace a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/teammate.
- The operator must be able to analyze production and engineering work schedules and make decisions that ensure that all targets and standards within their own shift and the next 24hrs are met.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Carries out the filler operation of the spirits packaging process through stipulated processes and procedures.
- Adhere to GNPLC policy and procedures for Safety, Health and Environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment.
- Use and apply safe systems of working and proactively seek opportunities to improve the work environment.
- Ensures both liquids, bottle and crown wastes are within AOP.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximizing plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimize finished product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT against the Global Finished Product Specification on quality and control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep the process on track.
- Apply, record & share learning’s or RCPS Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices and assist colleagues in breakdown maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- With support from Spirits Operations Manager, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND / Trade Test (City and Guild) or any nationally recognized equivalent in any of Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation field and ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities in addition
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery, drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem-solving.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- High level of energy and commitment to team-based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
Application Closing Date
Please click the Apply For Job button below to get started
To apply for this job please visit diageo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.