The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas P.hD scholarships to specific programmes at selected institutions under its PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Scholarship Title: 2022 / 2023 Overseas P.hD Scholarship Scheme for Universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France & Malaysia
- The scheme was developed to offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe. Under it, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions.
- The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable), and the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
- For the 2022/2023 award, applications will be limited to PTDF partner universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia where it feels the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained and the objectives of the scheme will be best served.
- Full list of sponsored courses and Application Forms are available on the PTDF website: www.ptdfgov.ng and on the scholarship portal: scholarship.ptdf gov.ng.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
- PTDF scholarships are highly competitive, and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected.
- Based on the submitted qualifications, the top applicants for each category from each state will be invited for an interview where a selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academic transcripts and other professional qualifications acquired
- Relevant publications to be referenced by applicant
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan.
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
- A research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than five pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection
- All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellor confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarship
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
- Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach them to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the O’Ievel results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate
- Evidence of membership of professional associations.
Application Closing Date
28th January 2022.
Note: Applicants who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should: